Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem?
(10-13-2019, 09:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've put my plan out there. It does require FA in a way the Bengals have never done it before though. And it would require trading someone of value. 

Get a QB at the top of 1. Use the pick from the trade, or if it's too low, use that plus another to move up far enough to get Kindley, the OG from GA. Cut guys like Hart (or keep him as a backup if possible--but i'd prolly cut him), Andre. Move Dre...my God, somehow some way, move Dre!! Cut the bottom half of the LBs (teehee, there aren't really enough LBs to cut)...basically, shave off some fat on the D side. Shave off some fat on the O side and then throw money at Jack Conklin and Corey Littleton. Use the draft to get more OL, LB and CB. 

Jonah, Kindley, Hopkins, ?, Conklin is your oline. Top 5 QB is behind center, or Finley (IF THEY WOULD EVER PLAY HIM TO SEE IF HE'S VIABLE) and let the rookie acclimate for the season or longer (of course there's no need for a top 5 QB if Finley plays well enough). Sign Hopkins (of course), extend Mixon. That's AJ, Boyd, Ross (if he can stay healthy), Tate as your top 4 WRs. Mixon and Gio. Plenty of Dline to choose from. Pratt (if he's worthy) and Littleton are the top 2 LBs. Preston would probably play better with these 2 around him. Vigil is a freaking backup at best if he's not cut. DD, WJ3 and Phillips are the top 3 CBs. Sign the winner of the 1 legged man in a butt kicking contest as the new kicker and there you are. 

Of course, you would have to pray for health next year to have all those guys on the field...but it looks like the beginnings of a pretty good team, in just one offseason, if you ask me. 

I appreciate the thought you put into your plan brother, but I don't see the bold ever happening as long as the "family" is in charge. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem? - J24 - 10-11-2019, 06:35 PM
RE: Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem? - Bengalholic - 10-13-2019, 09:13 PM