Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem?
(10-13-2019, 08:48 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I agree that a talented QB can potentially change the trajectory of an organization...but the organization has to be willing to do what it takes to make that QB successful. When you say "you can work on other pieces" - well, how long will that take with a franchise that still isn't willing to be buyers in the free agent market, who have not had great success with their last few drafts and who's current roster is littered with problems? 

Say we take a Tua, Hebert or whoever. How much of an impact will he make if the o-line is still shit, they can't run consistently, can't tackle, get pressure, make proper adjustments, have more subpar drafts, continue to sign lower-tier FA's???

Again, I'm all for replacing Andy, but replacing the QB - on this particular team - is just one piece of a very big, problem filled puzzle, no matter how good he is. Like I said, if they replace Andy and don't do the other things that are desperately needed...then we will be nothing more than a team with a talented QB surrounded by a lot of other problems.

I would love to see them not only replace Andy, but be extremely serious and aggressive about fixing this roster. I was hopeful we would see a step in that direction this offseason with the new HC and staff, but it was more of the same...with Hart, Miller, Webb and Wynn being the crown jewels of the offseason.  Mellow

I guess what I'm saying is that the front office needs to get off their complacent asses and get serious about building a winner. No more interviews about how they want to win, no more letters to fans about how they are trying to win...just go out and do what it takes to make this franchise successful and quit settling for "occasionally good" as the goal.

Great post! And people say it will take time for ZT to change culture...which is a crock. You either change it when you come in, or it's REALLY HARD to change.

What would have changed the culture was bringing in a new HC, Staff, and 2-3 free agent upgrades that show 'Hey, we want to win!' It's what the Rams did. It's a pretty proven blueprint.

The Bengals whiffed on that. At a certain point, the players will start to have doubts about Taylor and the staff.

While I don't feel Taylor is qualified to be a HC, this is the perfect storm of management setting a naieve guy up to fail. It's just plain ineptness.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem? - J24 - 10-11-2019, 06:35 PM
RE: Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem? - THE PISTONS - 10-13-2019, 10:11 PM