Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will any coaches get fired before the season ends?
(10-16-2019, 02:29 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: I think it unlikely anyone would be fired before the end of the season.

I would though expect several changes to take place at the end of the year. Zac will have seen what has worked and what hasn't worked. A rookie 35 year old coach was never going to be able to get his staff right first time, doubly so when he was the last Head Coach hired and everyone else had a head start on him. If he's any good though he'll have learnt and will adjust.

Bill Callahan would seem a decent bet to join if he doesn't get the Redskins top job permanently but I'd expect the changes to center around the defense as that side of the ball was particularly late to be assembled.

Given the greater responsibility put upon coaches for scouting, the late hires will have been more disruptive than in other organizations. Expect lots of Hopspin articles before the draft saying how the coaching staff are in a better position for the draft than they were last year.

To be honest, I don't expect Lou to be replaced. Yes, our defense has been bad, but aside from 2 games, our defense has played well enough that had the offense actually finished off a couple more drives, we'd be sitting at 4-2. I feel like the issue is more player oriented (i.e. lack of quality players, especially at LB) than coach or scheme oriented.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will any coaches get fired before the season ends? - PhilHos - 10-16-2019, 03:25 PM