Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1-13 has to be getting in players' heads
(10-14-2019, 02:09 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The question remains:  What do we as a fan base want?  Do we want 2011-2015 back or do we want a complete renovation into a perennial Super Bowl contender?  Even in 2005, 2009, and 2011-15 the Bengals could not beat good teams in the regular season so the lack of postseason success shouldn’t surprise anyone.

This trip toward a Lombardi Trophy is going to involve pain, sacrifice, and gut check decisions.  Doing it Mikey Boy’s way wasn’t working.  Doing it Marvin’s way helped for awhile.  Now we’re back to doing it Mikey Boy’s way again and what do you know?  We’re losing like it’s the 1990s.

Honestly FIK, right now I'd take either. Sorry I had edit my post as it should have said we AREN"T trying to rebuild, we truly think we should be competitive now. 

I have no faith that this organization can become a perennial contender with the management as is. In theory we could have been seen that way in 2011-2015 however we still managed to find ways to lose the big games or important ones it seems and could never get over the hump. But teams with truly good management find ways to stay competitive even when they have their 'down' years. It seemed the combination of player selection and Marvin brought us out of the dark for a period but even that turned stale and regressed quickly. Now we have a coach who has given no reason to have any faith and so many failed drafts in a row I have no idea why Bengal fans even look forward to the draft. Tobin taking a first round kicker wouldn't even surprise me any more. 

I see a team woefully short on talent, woefully lacking in any real coaching skill and a management team that has proven they have very little idea of how to right the ship on any consistent basis. It really makes the NFL completely dull to me anymore and honestly I haven't even been watching but a few minutes of the games. Enough to get irritated and figure out theres better use of my time.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1-13 has to be getting in players' heads - R3stangs - 10-14-2019, 03:40 PM