Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who on this board has played in the NFL?
I played high school ball with Alan Wenglikowski.  He kept his weight down to wrestle and run track in high school and played safety/RB.  He went to Pitt (when Marino was there); bulked up to 230 and started at DE/OLB opposite Chris Doleman.  He was drafted by Kansas City; slimmed back down to about 215 and stuck around for a few years as a special teams player with the Chiefs and Bills.

I played college ball at Carson Newman.  It was a very small school, but they had a legendary coach in Ken Sparks.  He won 339 games, made the playoffs 22 times, played in 8 championship games, and won 4.  While there I played with Van Williams, a RB who played for the Bills and Giants, and Boyce Green who was the Browns leading rusher in 1984 and later played for the Seahawks and Chiefs.

I was a good high school player (LB), but I was just not motivated in college.  It was not as much fun, and I realized that college was going to be about classwork instead of football for me.  I was actually able to set a couple of team records, but they involved masturbation and bong hits, so I transfered to a larger school (UT-Chattanooga) to finish my undergraduate degree.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who on this board has played in the NFL? - fredtoast - 10-15-2019, 10:32 AM