Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Misdirected Anger - Board Relations
We are fans of the same team, we're 0-6. There isn't anything to be cheery about them, not sure why people get angry at each other, but I'm definitely one to bite back if I'm bit. I'm allowed to hate the team I root for. People are allowed to blindly love the team they root for, also.

I would extend your thoughts on a "waste of time" in talking about the Bengals in an online forum to a "waste of time" to dedicate 3+ hours for watching them on Sundays, this year. Now, I just root for the Browns to lose.

In fact, I caught myself rooting for us to lose against the Ravens just so the Browns had no chance of taking the AFC N title. This is what happens when you live in CLE. Better we go 0-16 anyway at this point.

THe "waste of time" mentality can also be applied to Facebook. I can't tell you how much time I've gained by "signing off". I no longer feel a need to brag to anyone about something, I don't post incessant random pictures, I don't read about someone's new baby/wedding/birthday/etc., I don't make posts that nobody reads anyway and wait for the "likes". That "free time" gets replaced by something else, that is probably more valuable.

Since many of us don't live in Cincy and we don't spread like a virus like shittsburhg fans, this is one of the only spots to talk to another Bungles fan. I would say if we all watched a game together I bet there would be less fighting, in person.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Misdirected Anger - Board Relations - reuben.ahmed - 10-15-2019, 11:40 PM