Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How does this get fixed - realistically
(10-16-2019, 01:25 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: Somebody PLEASE TELL ME the Bengals and any of the Bengals fans, are not considering cornerback in the draft!!!! Please draft something else than cornerbacks.

You can expect a few things as a Bengals fan...

1. Being outcoached by the other teams coach
2. Piss poor management
3. And the constant drafting of CORNERBACKS in the first round with no real attention paid to linebackers.. 

If a CB like Okudah is true BPA, they should consider taking one. Kirkpatrick and Webb aren't anything special, Dennard is constantly hurt. The Bengals need more than WJ3.
But what the Bengals were able to do during the "good" years was bring in good vet CBs at a bargain who had familiarity with Zimmer. Adam Jones and Terence Newman were very good for the Bengals and relatively cheap compared to their counterparts around the league.

As for upcoming FA DBs who have played for Anarumo, about the only one I see is Eli Apple, but Anarumo was only DB coach with Apple for 5 games.

With all that said, Taylor is an offensive-minded guy and everyone knows the deficiencies with the offense. I fully expect the 1st round selection to be on an offensive player, and I expect it to specifically be a QB or OL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How does this get fixed - realistically - ochocincos - 10-16-2019, 02:10 PM