Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How does this get fixed - realistically
(10-16-2019, 12:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Find new starters at the following positions (in priority order):

Offense:
- LT/LG (Reserve Williams for the other)
- RT
- QB
- Future WR1
- RG (after LT, LG, and RT get resolved)
- TE

Defense:
- 2 LBs
- 1 DL
- 2 CBs (one outside, one slot)
- S

ST:
- K

That's 13 positions. You can't realistically expect anyone drafted after 4th round to become a good position player, so that's potentially 3 drafts worth if you only focus on draft. You're looking at 2022 being the earliest the team would become a true contender if the Bengals hit on every draft pick through the first 4 rounds over the next few years.

If the Bengals want to become a true contender before 2022, they need to participate in FA more than getting B-to-C-level veterans.

It's either that or actually get coaches in that can develop late-round talent well on a consistent basis.

I don’t think that most people understand how bad the talent level is on this team. There are many that think that they’re 3 or 4 guys away. There are some that think that benching Dalton fixes it, it’s way more dire than that. It’s a top to bottom thing that includes everything in the organization. This really does have the potential of being a 90’s bad kinda thing. They could actually need 4 LB’s. Are the 2 they use even rotation worthy? I’ve never been into that whole “Who Dey” crap. Fans were always chanting that at the stadium when the team was losing 60-70% of the time. It’s a New Dey sounded like a ten year old was running marketing. This ownership.... I just don’t know how it’s healthy for a league to allow teams to make money with no chance of failure regardless of how poorly they manage. Their mismanagement gets absorbed by the well run organizations. It allows for cities to be stuck in a lingering purgatory. Anyways, it looks like you can see that the team isn’t close to competing on a weekly basis.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How does this get fixed - realistically - Circleville Guy - 10-16-2019, 02:27 PM