Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How does this get fixed - realistically
I keep seeing post after post after post about how all of this is Mike Brown's fault. The same type of thinking can be applied to the failures of any product that a company delivers on when the CEO isn't the one in the plant building the product. Mike Brown may have his hand in the pot but he isn't the one trying to mix all the ingredients together to create something worth wild for us as fans to taste. That is on the coaches and players that are part of the Bengals organization.

As I sit here wondering how this thing can get fixed my answer is next year. Not because I want that to be the answer but it is due from the fact that so many good players are injured, on IR or have been on PUP. The fact that ZT is still in his learning period making him and his decision making more prone to mistakes.

The lack of a an experienced OC and DC on the team; this means more mistakes given the lack of experience. Lack of time to truly evaluate players, draft prospects, etc... The current coaching staff also doesn't have years of being in their current roles working together to form that level of confidence and trust to be unified and ensure success for the team immediately, though long term we may see different results.

The good news I keep seeing is that the players are playing hard still, not quitting (like prior years) and this has made for some close games, even though the team is 0-6. If the team can get its first win and continue to win some games this year next year the coaching staff will have time to actually evaluate players, draft prospects, etc...

At this point for me it is about the waiting game.

I know many want FA to come in and help the Bengals win now. But how did the Glenn, Brown, TO, etc... signing work out for the team? Most of the time FA don't live up to the hype so I'm more looking forward to the draft and the current younger players on the roster developing and improving and making enough of an impact now to help the team out next season.

I have plenty of patience so I can sit and wait.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How does this get fixed - realistically - MEBengalsFan - 10-16-2019, 05:15 PM