Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon severely underutilized in passing game
(10-17-2019, 10:17 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Saw this stat on Twitter. Mixon is averaging 8 pass routes run per game. 8!?!
To put that in perspective, Leveon Bell averages 24. Gurley and Kamara 20+
Most effective pass catching backs are between 15-21
Joe gets 8 despite the Bengals trailing on nearly 77 percent of their offensive snaps. Mind-blowing.

I realize with a bad offensive line he's probably being asked to block more than other RB's, but this is just an obsurd under-utilization of the skill set of your top offensive player on the field.

The Bengals have underutilized players for years. It's the only reason that Pittsburgh was able to use a middle school offensive attack and beat the Bengals. Noticed how they used what they had..

Bernard is a high paid blocking back... In NewEngland he gets 60 catches a year...book it!

Mixon is a REAL NICE receiving back, yet, he gets only 8 passing routes a game

Brandon Wilson return like 6 kicks and punts in college for a touchdown..yet, no returns in 2017 and 2018
Darrius Philips returned like 5 interceptions and kick returns in college, yet no real returns in 2018

We have no use for Eifert in goal line situations...

Ross fumbled in one game and was made to sit the whole year...

No use for Finley or Dolegala

You know what, watching the Bengals the first 4 games (Haven't watched the last 2 games, I'm over it) and for the last few years you get the sense that they are undefeated and they have no use for certain guys. Funny how they are not trying to discover the spark amongst an unused or an under-utilized player.

I hope they go 0-16

HEADS need to roll 
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon severely underutilized in passing game - mhbsavant - 10-17-2019, 10:47 AM