Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon severely underutilized in passing game
(10-17-2019, 04:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: Okay...so 3 teams have 5 wins between them, that is a sign of doing things right? Also saying those guys have 5 wins and do X so that means X equals wins isn't actually based in any sort of reality. We also have the worst running defense in the NFL and worst running offense. Do any of those three teams have either of those?

He doesn't HAVE to do anything. Mixon has averaged 6.9 yards a catch and 3.4 a carry, that to me is a guy who has regressed. He isn't making anyone miss no matter how he gets the ball. I have plenty to criticize Taylor for schematic wise, but this is such a weird claim I can't get behind it. 

Yeah, such a weird claim that they aren't trying enough to utilize Mixon to his full capabilities. So weird. What's weird is I have to explain that concept to you. Get the ball in the hands of your play makers. Let them make plays. Football 101. Again, other teams with bad offensive lines find a way. No, it doesn't make that team good. Yes, it's common sense. Are teams just to give up on utilizing their best offensive skill players because they realize they have a bad offensive line? That's what this Bengals team has done all season with Mixon. Can't run it so he's a non-factor.

Having the worst rushing offense is even more reason to try to get the ball in Mixon's hands in other ways.

Players of Mixon's age and ability don't just suddenly regress. This offensive scheme has done nothing to utilize his pass catching skills. 14 receptions in 6 games, most of which have been screens.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon severely underutilized in passing game - Fullrock - 10-17-2019, 04:22 PM