Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon severely underutilized in passing game
(10-17-2019, 04:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: Man, I get you think you know football at some advanced level...but you don't. Trying to pull the "Football 101" card on me is bad enough but let's not pretend like you know more than a professional coach and it's so obvious. If we put the ball in Mixon's hands what actually changes? Let's say he gets 5 more receptions a game at 6.9 yards a catch. We now have 34.5 more yards, but that took away catches from receivers who as a group average 11 yards a reception. Maybe you break one occasionally, or maybe he keeps getting hit right when he catches it. 

It's easy to say throw him the ball, it's harder to make it happen with success. We have thrown non screen passes that have not gone anywhere, acting like we haven't is disingenuous. I'm guessing you read/heard this stat somewhere and have zero'd in on it, but there is no actual proof behind it making any difference. Using a bunch of teams who as a whole average less than two wins isn't the move either.

You're right, bro. Thanks for bringing me back down to earth. I clearly know nothing about football. Lol.

You're right in one capacity, you can't just say throw Mixon the ball, especially if he isn't running routes, which brings me back to my original post. Bengals average 62.2 snaps a game. Mixon runs 8 routes a game. If that doesn't seem underused to you then I don't know what to tell you. You use his 6.9 yards per average reception against my argument; I use it for my argument. He's averaging 6.9 yards because its nearly all screens and dump offs. Next to no effort to use him in the passing game other than that. The 8 routes run per game shows that.

Who the hell knows what difference it would make because it's not happening.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon severely underutilized in passing game - Fullrock - 10-17-2019, 05:04 PM