Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Tuner's 9 months with the Bengals have been interesting
I am not a fan of Jim Turner, but I don't think he had much to do with most of the things on that list.

I doubt he had much say in signing Hart or Miller. (It is funny that John Jerry is not mentioned because he is the only one with a prior tie to Turner having played for him in Miami.)

Perkins, Boling, and Westerman are all out of the league. If the problem was Turner I think they would have tried to play for other teams.

And I don't think Turner has had anything to do with the medical evaluation of Glenn.

So basically the facts that have made it "interesting" also point to giving Turner another year. I don't care for the guy, but I don't see how you can fire him for not getting anything out of the rejects he was forced to work with.

I used to compliment Paul alexander for cobbling together that '09 line that was mostly undrafted free agents with no starting experience. But even then Alexander had 2 solid anchors (Bobbie Williams, Whitworth) to surround with the bargain bin players. Turner really has nothing.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jim Tuner's 9 months with the Bengals have been interesting - fredtoast - 10-18-2019, 03:49 PM