Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Tuner's 9 months with the Bengals have been interesting
(10-18-2019, 03:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not a fan of Jim Turner, but I don't think he had much to do with most of the things on that list.

I doubt he had much say in signing Hart or Miller.  (It is funny that John Jerry is not mentioned because he is the only one with a prior tie to Turner having played for him in Miami.)

Perkins, Boling, and Westerman are all out of the league.  If the problem was Turner I think they would have tried to play for other teams.

And I don't think Turner has had anything to do with the medical evaluation of Glenn.

So basically the facts that have made it "interesting" also point to giving Turner another year.  I don't care for the guy, but I don't see how you can fire him for not getting anything out of the rejects he was forced to work with.

I used to compliment Paul alexander for cobbling together that '09 line that was mostly undrafted free agents with no starting experience.  But even then Alexander had 2 solid anchors (Bobbie Williams, Whitworth) to surround with the bargain bin players.  Turner really has nothing.

I think it only fair that in any mention of the '09 OL, the discussion must include giving credence to the contribution of guys like "Nasty" Nate Livings, along with everyone's favorite 3rd Tackle/TE, Dennis "The Statue" Roland.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jim Tuner's 9 months with the Bengals have been interesting - SunsetBengal - 10-18-2019, 03:56 PM