Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Concept of Giving a Coach a Few Years to Build a Team
I don't think Taylor is going anywhere for at least 3 years. However, it is clear Turner must go at the end of the season if not sooner. I don't know what to think of Sweet Lou. Bengals bend but do not break still is ugly football. Maybe he should go at the end of season. I would also take a long look at each position coach and conduct evaluations based on players's performance and development.

I think if Taylor misses on the next couple draft, he will seal his own fate. I do not know if any trades are going to be made but I think some vets are done with Cincinnati. Let Taylor get new blood, give him a year or two to implement schemes that match his personnel. Bring in a GM that will bring in first Day Free Agents. If the team had talent and still looked this way then it would indicate coaching.

The narrative that players have regressed is bona fide but one must ask why. Is it the coaching or is it some other variables like losing a dozen games in a row. It could be schemes which would indicate coaching by coordinators. But this O-Line has been porous for a while, the talent along the OL and backers just isn't there. Dalton is a year older and injuries appear convenient for some players. Makes me wonder.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Concept of Giving a Coach a Few Years to Build a Team - psychdoctor - 10-18-2019, 10:59 PM