Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Concept of Giving a Coach a Few Years to Build a Team
(10-19-2019, 03:23 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think for a 4th round pick that Finley is a keeper as a back up QB.  Williams is an unknown but he was BAP so it is hard to miss on that pick.  Rodney Anderson was worth the gamble and if not injured would fit into the Gio role and Mixon role combo into one back.  They do not use Sample enough in packages so I do not know what is there.  Jordan may need a better OL assistant coach to develop so he looks like a miss thus far, but I would hope to give him more time to develop.  Wren is just okay. I expected more from him.  T. Williams has been injured but looked like Walton 2.0 during the preseason.  

The coaches did not have a lot of time to prepare.  Not a lot of time to scout.  Lets see what they do in the next draft but as of now, I agree, the infusion of talent may take longer than a couple of years.  

Which goes back to my point of can any coach succeed in this structure?

re: Scouting - Guess when the college football season is? Yeah during the NFL Season.

One would think the coaches would be watching tape of our opponents and customizing the gameplan. I don't really see that showing in the games. The intuitive HC's who are innovative do that. Taylor doesn't seem to have that ability.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Concept of Giving a Coach a Few Years to Build a Team - THE PISTONS - 10-19-2019, 03:30 PM