Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Concept of Giving a Coach a Few Years to Build a Team
(10-19-2019, 04:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You can't say we were not good last year because of luck and then say we are better this year except for bad luck.

Fact is that after 5 games last year our offense ranked 17th in yards and 9th in yards per play and our defense ranked 25th in yards and 17th in yards per play allowed.  We were 7th in the league in point differential at +23.

This year our offense ranks 24tt in yards and 28th in yards per play while our defense ranks 31st in both total yards and yards per play.  We are 30th in point differential at (-62).

But those first 5 games last year our offense was generally pretty healthy.  Our O-line starters were not the greatest, but at least they were starters.  While Turner seems to be the most hated coach around here I think he is one guy who deserves a chance to see what he can do with starting caliber O-linemen.  

But our defense has just gone to total shit.  It started last year, but it has gotten worse this year.  I know we are weak in some spots, but poor LB play should not make our DBs look lost or our pass rush from our D-line disappear.

I don't know if it is horrid coaching or players not caring, but this team is bottoming out.

Exactly. And the player regression over the season. The defense is getting worse. The same misdirection plays beat us week after week.

And totally agree...the LB's aren't the reason the DB's look lost or that the pass rush is failing.

The LB play was poor last year too and the D-Line and Secondary ended up rating out decent and playing decent. We gave up some 1800+ yards receiving to guys our LB's were covering last year. That was the issue.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Concept of Giving a Coach a Few Years to Build a Team - THE PISTONS - 10-19-2019, 08:37 PM