Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do we fix the running game Zac?
I said before the Seattle game that was the matchup I wanted to watch. We've struggled in both run defense and running the ball coming into the year. Oddly, against Seattle we did decent stopping the run. We've gotten run over since then. And we just haven't been able to run block or pass block all year. That's the biggest area of concern. The talent level on the oline is concerning, and we saw it coming into the year. But the coaching staff hasn't done much to show they are creative enough or intelligent enough schematically to overcome these deficiencies. I was hoping to at least see a spark of creativity from the coaches. Nothing.

I actually liked Lazor's offense more at this point. He put up some great numbers early in the year before his starters got injured. He was great in the red zone. He actually forged some sort of running game, despite the talent deficient offensive line. He spread the ball around pretty well. I haven't seen anything from ZT as a play-caller. Everything seems predictable. The offensive line doesn't make it easy on him; but you still expect to see some sort of spark of creativity. I see a lot of predictable screen passes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do we fix the running game Zac? - Bengalstripes9 - 10-20-2019, 09:11 PM