Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Bengals, Whitworh and London
(10-22-2019, 12:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Lots of teams don't put high value on 36 year old players.  For example the Patriots are famous for saying the exact same thing Troy did to some of their older players.

And you may not get it but whit does.

"I obviously love Cincinnati, love the Bengals, always have. It will always have a special place and I’m sure when I’m done playing will be somewhere I’ll visit a lot," Whitworth said in a feature written by The Enquirer's Paul Dehner Jr. at the end of January
I disagree on your " you may not get it, but Whit does. "    What Whit gets is that other NFL teams wanted him more than Bengals.  Other teams than Rams went after him.  He says he choose Rams in part because they never play the Bengals. He went on to a very bad Rams team and has BLOCKED them to the Super Bowl and most important Left Tackle.  

Also if you give most fans the choice between having Whitworth or Troy Blackburn, it would be an easy choice of Whitworth.   Troy Blackburn is the problem, not the solution. The endless nepotism of Brown, Brown, Blackburn, Blackburn, Brown, Brown & Tobin & Associates that are THE WORST NFL Front Office since Paul Brown died, no play-off wins, more 0-4 starts than any other franchise. 

If anybody is over rated, it is Troy, not Whitworth.  Also, I don't think The Patriots and Troy Blackburn should be used in any comparison UNLESS you are showing how awful Troy and Bengals Front Office is compared to Patriots. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
On Bengals, Whitworh and London - kevin - 10-22-2019, 03:12 AM
RE: On Bengals, Whitworh and London - 3wt - 10-24-2019, 02:50 PM
RE: On Bengals, Whitworh and London - 3wt - 10-22-2019, 02:52 PM
RE: On Bengals, Whitworh and London - kevin - 10-22-2019, 12:31 PM