Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Bengals, Whitworh and London
(10-22-2019, 11:58 AM)kevin Wrote: I agree Whitworth won't be back.  I don't remember any tweet from Troy Blackburn and that shows the mess this team is in, Tweets from an NFL nobody like Troy Blackburn. 

Anyway, it was Whitworth's hope not to play in Cincinnati again and he said one of reasons he took Rams offer over other teams because Rams almost never play Bengals.  Since game is in London, Whitworth will probably get his wish and never play in Cincinnati again.  On going to Rams he said he had reasons not to want to return any time soon and put his old team behind him and focus on new team.  

I also noticed Ogbuehi as Left Tackle for Jacksonville against Bengals last week and played OK.  Is it our coaching last few years ?   

One said Mike Brown prepared well for all these player moves with draft picks.  I don't think these moves worked out well at all.  Plus we needed Linebackers and other areas and that got ignored in the draft.  They keep going Round 1 to get a Left Tackle and sign Top Free Agent money for a Left Tackle. It would have been cheaper and smarter to have kept Whitworth.   After the 8-0 start in 2015, Mike Brown & Family have made a lot of moves, but I can't say they prepared well considering they went from a good team to an awful team the last 3 years.   The high price free agent LT and LB from Bills have been a huge money mistake in their often injured and doing little when they do play.   The last time team drafted LB's high was Maualuga and Rivers and that has been many moons ago.  With almost no scouts, I don't think this Front Office prepares well at all, but I'll let the team on the field represent our Front Office.  2017 was awful enough to get most coaches fired. 2018 was even worse to get almost all coaches fired. Bengals in 2019 on way to 0-8 start in 0 for September & October. Last 3 years this is maybe worst team in NFL in that time span.  Can't say Front Office prepared well, I don't see how anyone can.

We didn't sign a top money free agent LT from Buffalo. We traded down 11 spots in the first round for him. Preston Brown was signed to a one year prove it deal out of Buffalo.

I can't remember the last time this team spent top money on a free agent from another team. When you say Top money, I think of a guy paid in the top 5 for his position. I just can't think of a time the Bengals paid any player from another team Top money.

Mike Brown is in charge and the front office is run like it was back in the 90's. Marvin's last draft (2018) gave us Bates and Hubbard as quality starters, but this year's draft gave us????????? So far, backup QB is the only upgrade we've seen from the 2019 draft.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
On Bengals, Whitworh and London - kevin - 10-22-2019, 03:12 AM
RE: On Bengals, Whitworh and London - 3wt - 10-24-2019, 02:50 PM
RE: On Bengals, Whitworh and London - BengalChris - 10-22-2019, 01:13 PM
RE: On Bengals, Whitworh and London - 3wt - 10-22-2019, 02:52 PM