Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sanu to Patriots (AJ Green Related)
Pats acquired Sanu from the Falcons in exchange for a 2nd round pick.

This is relevant to us for a few reasons.

Pats were one of the teams rumored to be interested in AJ. Highly unlikely they'd need him now.

What we don't know is whether or not they approached us with an offer and were rebuffed, or if they decided Green wasn't worth it due to his injury, or if they just liked Sanu more - which is hard to fathom.

AJ Green is 10x the WR Sanu is, and he fetched a 2nd. That means we should, at the very least, be able to expect the same or better return for AJ.

Ultimately none of this matters because the Bungles won't do anything.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm sure the Patriots still want AJ. I can't say AJ is 10x Sanu, Sanu is good.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 09:02 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I'm sure the Patriots still want AJ. I can't say AJ is 10x Sanu, Sanu is good.

I didn't quantify my "10x" estimate, so I can't show my work. You can have that one. All you need to know is AJ Green is a better WR. 

Reply/Quote
If Sanu fetched a 2nd, Aj will get get a 1st and 3rd, now don't be dumb Bengals and make that dam trade
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 08:59 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Pats acquired Sanu from the Falcons in exchange for a 2nd round pick.

This is relevant to us for a few reasons.

Pats were one of the teams rumored to be interested in AJ. Highly unlikely they'd need him now.

What we don't know is whether or not they approached us with an offer and were rebuffed, or if they decided Green wasn't worth it due to his injury, or if they just liked Sanu more - which is hard to fathom.

AJ Green is 10x the WR Sanu is, and he fetched a 2nd. That means we should, at the very least, be able to expect the same or better return for AJ.

Ultimately none of this matters because the Bungles won't do anything.

Facts.

This trade just puts it in our faces how inept our front office is. Here you have the New England Patriots, just off a win taking them to 7-0, and with Mahommes hurt the AFC now looks like its the Pats to take. So what do they do? They make a trade for Sanu to bolster their WR's. They continually look for ways to improve despite already looking like the best team in the league. They are never satisfied. This is what separates us from them, and why under this ownership we will never achieve an inkling of success that Kraft has taken the Patriots to. Mike Brown is completely 100 percent out of his depth trying to run this team, he wasn't ready for this task 30 years ago, and still hasn't figured out to this day. 
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
You don't trade your best player. AJ has said he does not want to be traded. The Bengals have said they are not trading him..... let it go..... Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 09:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You don't trade your best player. AJ has said he does not want to be traded. The Bengals have said they are not trading him..... let it go..... Dead Horse  Dead Horse  Dead Horse  Dead Horse

Oh. Ok. 

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 09:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You don't trade your best player. AJ has said he does not want to be traded. The Bengals have said they are not trading him..... let it go..... Dead Horse  Dead Horse  Dead Horse  Dead Horse

They wont, but I think "should they" is a fair question. If your best player is on the wrong side of 30 and you are more than 3 years away from any sort of contention then it would behoove you to investigate getting some sort of return on the asset. The problem here is teams not having the self awareness to know when they have left contention and are in rebuild. The whole idea of being "close" is what hurts franchises because close isn't good enough in this league.
Reply/Quote
The Falcons trading Sanu for a 2nd is what differentiates a good organization from a bad one.

Falcons know their season is over and their window is about closed. They are making moves to make their next rebuild go as quick as possible. Bengals - not so much.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 09:04 AM)corpjet Wrote: If Sanu fetched a 2nd, Aj will get get a 1st and 3rd, now don't be dumb Bengals and make that dam trade

Agreed. Surprised Sanu got a 2, but if that is the case then AJ can easily get a 1 and 4, maybe even 3.

But I'm starting to think that we should keep him and extend him. Hear me out, you have to go trade Geno, Dunlap, Dalton, Glenn (if anyone will take him) and anyone else you can and stock up on as many picks as you can get.

But with it becoming more and more clear that we may end up with a top 2-3 pick and a new QB what better way to welcome the new QB to the league than with AJ Green. You give a new QB Green, Ross and Boyd you are putting him in a pretty solid situation.

Let AJ be our Larry Fitzgerald. If someone offers you a 1 and 3 obv you have to take it, but I'm ok if we extend him.
Reply/Quote

Your best player is not signed for next year and the team he currently plays for is 0-6 with no shot at the post season. 

But lets keep him. Makes total sense. 
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 09:28 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Your best player is not signed for next year and the team he currently plays for is 0-6 with no shot at the post season. 

But lets keep him. Makes total sense. 
Glad you agree... it only makes sense to trade a player for a draft pick if you think you are going to upgrade with the draft pick.  Who are you going to gamble on in the draft that would be better than AJ? Especially knowing we won't be going receiver in the 1st.
Reply/Quote
It looks like Sanu also has another year on his contract which makes him more valuable.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 09:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Glad you agree... it only makes sense to trade a player for a draft pick if you think you are going to upgrade with the draft pick.  Who are you going to gamble on in the draft that would be better than AJ? Especially knowing we won't be going receiver in the 1st.

No.  That's not how a rebuild works.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 09:36 AM)michaelsean Wrote: It looks like Sanu also has another year on his contract which makes him more valuable.

To an extent, I do wonder if he will see that year of his contract. While they need some help on offense now, I'd venture to guess Nkeal Harry will take over a larger role next year which will make Sanu more expendable. 
Reply/Quote

//thread
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 09:41 AM)michaelsean Wrote: No.  That's not how a rebuild works.  

Admitting you are in a rebuild is often the hardest part about a rebuild. Teams who meander around feigning relevancy end up wasting years of the young players careers they do have versus getting back to being in contention. 
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 09:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Glad you agree... it only makes sense to trade a player for a draft pick if you think you are going to upgrade with the draft pick.  Who are you going to gamble on in the draft that would be better than AJ? Especially knowing we won't be going receiver in the 1st.

AJ isnt going to be here next year. So - literally any draft pick would be better than keeping him through the year.

I mean, are we serious right now? 
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 09:43 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: //thread

Um, how is that "//thread?" It's a horrible take. 

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 09:45 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: AJ isnt going to be here next year. So - literally any draft pick would be better than keeping him through the year.

I mean, are we serious right now? 

It's tough to tell what the **** some of these people are thinking. I'm often amazed by the poor quality of some of these takes. 

Reply/Quote