Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Over at HC...
lets play a game (this will probably be more fun than watching us lose our 8th straight contest this Sunday)

Go back to January of this year, all current and new HC have been hired (Arians, Kitchens, Gase, LaFleur, etc are gone, you cant take a current HC)

Who do you hire as your HC instead of Zac Taylor to take over for Marvin and lead our beloved Bengals?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Eric Bieniemy
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Neil Peart
Reply/Quote
Whichever team gets Matt Campbell from Iowa State will have their answer at the head coach position for the next 20 years is my prediction. He has them playing very fundamentally sound NFL style football and he is doing it with limited recruits, maximizing the most of his players' talents. I really can't believe he has not been snatched up already. Apparently the Jets wanted to interview him last year but he declined. He is the best coach in college football right now, IMO.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 10:56 PM)Von Cichlid Wrote: Whichever team gets Matt Campbell from Iowa State will have their answer at the head coach position for the next 20 years is my prediction.  He has them playing very fundamentally sound NFL style football and he is doing it with limited recruits, maximizing the most of his players' talents.  I really can't believe he has not been snatched up already.  Apparently the Jets wanted to interview him last year but he declined.  He is the best coach in college football right now, IMO.
I totally agree on Campbell. I live in Toledo and the guy was amazing at UT. Now he turned Iowa State around. Word is he loves it there and his wife does not want to leave. It will take a butt load of cash for him to leave there.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 11:00 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: I totally agree on Campbell. I live in Toledo and the guy was amazing at UT. Now he turned Iowa State around. Word is he loves it there and his wife does not want to leave. It will take a butt load of cash for him to leave there.

What coach doesn't dream of coaching the Bengals though? Working for Mike Brown has to be on all the hot candidate's bucket lists!
Reply/Quote
Honestly, with better coaching we probably have 2-3 wins right now. Still not a playoff team.

We need to hire a GM and more scouts. It's unfair to ask coaches to devote a lot of time scouting. They need to be gameplanning and developing plays.

The Patriots develop basically a unique scheme each week for the opponent. Do you think Belicheck is spending a ton of time scouting? Their player personnel dept is 3x the size of ours!
Reply/Quote
Geddy Lee
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Greg Williams.... He made the browns look competent.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 11:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What coach doesn't dream of coaching the Bengals though? Working for Mike Brown has to be on all the hot candidate's bucket lists!

Although its not allowed because of the fact he is already a coach, but Zimmer would have been the best fit for the orginization anyone could imagine.  He is like Parcells in the sense that he doesn't play games and doesn't take guff from anyone.  People respect him for it and players play for him.

I think a Bill Parcells type personality is what is needed.  The reason Parcells never worked out in Dallas was because Jerry Jones liked to micromanage.

Mike Brown is the anti-Jerry Jones in many many ways.  Jerry will give you unlimited resources but you must use them as he sees fit and he probably second guesses your every move.  Brown on the other hand gives you very little to work with but you do have the freedom to do what you wish while feeling very little in the way of pressure from the top.  A guy like Zimmer/Parcells could do reasonably well in this environment.  

Rumor has it that Jim Harbaugh is looking to return to the NFL.  The Bengals could do a lot worse.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 11:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What coach doesn't dream of coaching the Bengals though? Working for Mike Brown has to be on all the hot candidate's bucket lists!

Ugh, we get it man, come on. All it takes is ONE guy who appreciates the opportunity. Of course our chances aren’t as high, we get it.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 11:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What coach doesn't dream of coaching the Bengals though? Working for Mike Brown has to be on all the hot candidate's bucket lists!

I'd imagine every coach in the world outside of those that already have dream of being a HC in the NFL
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Kubiak. Hook him up to whatever satanic contraption it is that keeps the venom pumping in Dick Cheney's icy veins. Sign the pact, sacrifice the virgins, and LET'S GO!  
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 10:32 PM)corpjet Wrote: lets play a game (this will probably be more fun than watching us lose our 8th straight contest this Sunday)

Go back to January of this year, all current and new HC have been hired (Arians, Kitchens, Gase, LaFleur, etc are gone, you cant take a current HC)

Who do you hire as your HC instead of Zac Taylor to take over for Marvin and lead our beloved Bengals?

I am pretty sure I could do just as good as zt...
Reply/Quote
I would of kept Lewis and bring Del rio in as DC
Reply/Quote
Dave Chappelle
Reply/Quote
I said it then, I'll say it now--- Kerry Coombs.

He's an absolute in your face, stalking the sidelines motivator (ala Mike Zimmer). He'd make people want to play for him. He's got enough experience to bring in a good, solid coaching staff..
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 01:23 AM)JSR18 Wrote: I said it then, I'll say it now--- Kerry Coombs.

He's an absolute in your face, stalking the sidelines motivator (ala Mike Zimmer). He'd make people want to play for him. He's got enough experience to bring in a good, solid coaching staff..

Hell no.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 10:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eric Bieniemy

Got it on the first reply.   :andy:

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Paul Alexander
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote