Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damion Willis waived
From pre season star to first game starter to the street. Likely to be signed to PS if he clears waivers,

Fred Zettle re signed to 53.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 02:36 PM)pally Wrote: From pre season star to first game starter to the street.  Likely to be signed to PS if he clears waivers,

Fred Zeitle re signed to 53.

Here I was hoping someone had been traded when I heard Zettel was back.
Got my hopes up.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
"Keep him around in some capacity"

Let him call plays.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Not surprised referred to him as Armon Binns 2.0 at the beginning of the year. Everybody was excited Taylor was starting guys like Willis and Jordan thinking Taylor had found some hidden talents. The real reasons guys like Jordan and Willis won staring jobs was due to injury and the roster being awful.
Reply/Quote
Wonder if AJ will play this week?
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 03:21 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Wonder if AJ will play this week?

Coaches are not ruling him out this week but AJ will probably rule himself out. 

Reply/Quote
I have no problem with this move, because it makes sense.

BUT WHY did we have to talk to the media and our fans like this guy had something special???

They propped him up HARD and had all sorts of reasons, but really, they were just low on backups to AJ.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 03:07 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Not surprised referred to him as Armon Binns 2.0 at the beginning of the year. Everybody was excited Taylor was starting guys like Willis and Jordan thinking Taylor had found some hidden talents. The real reasons guys like Jordan and Willis  won staring  jobs was due to injury and the roster being awful.

Yea haha. It's so odd thinking back to before the first game (and after) and thinking how bright our future was and how we finally found a coach willing to play young players who may be out performing veterans (a long time complaint of Lewis) and then...it all turned out to be fool's gold and we're just trash haha.
Reply/Quote
That's all they do. cut and resign their own guys.
Reply/Quote
It was so refreshing when they kept Willis over Core. Marvin would have never done that. Now Willis waived.
Reply/Quote
Willis was the preseason darling. He started the first game. Now he isn't good enough! Wow...they should be cutting a lot of other players then. I don't get this move.
Reply/Quote
Willis just didn't make enough meaningful plays
And maybe he struggled with his run blocking
Willis just found out just cause you start week 1,it doesn't mean you
Have arrived. You have to show improvement in some
Capacity.
He can take a,page from Auden Tates book and learn
Reply/Quote
I'd say they aren't trading AJ Green...and I'd say that Green is close to returning.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 04:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Coaches are not ruling him out this week but AJ will probably rule himself out. 

they already ruled him out this week

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
A few interesting points from this

1. The cut is at WR. This points to AJ being back sooner rather than later and him not being traded, as as without him we are down to 4 fit WRs.
2. Stanley Morgan has leapfrogged Willis.
3. What the hell are they doing at QB? Are they taking a QB in R1 next year, and if so so why are they still carrying 2 non-playing rookie QBs? There surely can't be room on the roster next year for these two plus a rookie.
Reply/Quote
If Boyd, Tate or Erickson goes down there's only Morgan left.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 04:42 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I have no problem with this move, because it makes sense.

BUT WHY did we have to talk to the media and our fans like this guy had something special???

They propped him up HARD and had all sorts of reasons, but really, they were just low on backups to AJ.

boosting his ego?
He was playing good, but since has fallen off a cliff and Tate and Ericson have made him expendable.

We need help in several areas, WR is not one of them
Reply/Quote
Erickson must have had some sort of injury at the start of the season.

He is no star, but he has proven to be dependable as a receiver. And he played more offensive snaps Sunday against the Jags (68) than he did in our first 5 games combined (52).
Reply/Quote
Armon Binns
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 05:08 PM)pally Wrote: they already ruled him out this week

Thanks for the update. What I read was a day old.

Reply/Quote