Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengal Fans suddenly have "Chase Young Fever"
(10-27-2019, 10:47 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: He played all over the line at OSU, just as Young has.  Now, I am not implying that we have the overall level of talent that the Giants had when they drafted JPP, but remember how many thought it was a bad pick because they alread had their DEs in place?  Same thing here, the dline is immediately upgraded, taking pressure of the next two levels of the defense.

I am in agreement with the pundits that Young is proving to be the best player in the country.  So with that said, I think it would be a fantastic move to get him if we know that the keys to the car are staying in the hands of Dalton or Finley.  In the minds of the front office and ticket sales, they might think that keeping him in-state will do wonders for the box office.

Sure, they all get shifted around, in an attempt to exploit a particular matchup, on a given play.  However, I've never known either of them to line up at Strong Side DE, with any regularity.  Now, in that 5 front that the Bengals were sporting early in the year, they might make an excellent tandem.  However, in order to make that effective, you really need a pair of studs at those two LB spots.  A pair like Ray Lewis teamed with Takeo Spikes, or similar.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengal FB groups suddenly have "Chase Young Fever" - SunsetBengal - 10-27-2019, 10:59 AM