Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengal Fans suddenly have "Chase Young Fever"
(10-27-2019, 11:31 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Hubbard has played on the left and right side. They need to deal one or two guys for picks and then they can take Young at the top of 1, get Oline in the middle of round 1 (moving up with the picks they acquired in trade/what they already have) and they can take a QB in the top of round 2. There are going to be a lot of potentially good QBs coming out this year. 

Imagine...
1. Chase Young (ED)
1a. Calvin Throckmorton (RT)
2. Jalen Hurts (QB) 

There is going to be a good QB in rd 2 regardless. If there's a big run on QBs in the first, that's going to push better guys further down the draft. If the QBs don't go as fast in 1, it's going to give you better QBs in 2. 

There are many ways they can go in this draft. Burrow/Herbert/Eason in 1, Kindley (OG) in 2, or make that trade and do Burrow/Herbert/Eason in 1, move back into 1 and get a OL/LB then take Kindley at the top of 2...so many ways to go and then you can be smart and sign one or two good FAs instead signing/re-signing a bunch of crapsters. 

This team is honestly in a position to crush it this offseason with the draft and all the talent at their positions of need in Free Agency. 

It's make or break for the front office to see if they can do it or if they're too stupid or afraid to do what's necessary to make this team good again.

Theeeeee number one thing i don't want to see is them wimping out and trading down to "acquire more pics". They haven't shown the ability to find untapped talent later in the draft and they would be completely screwing themselves if they did this. 

I did... I disagree with the pick.  I am not in favor of Chase Young or Jalen Hurts.  I dislike Hurts more than Burrows as the selection.  I would rather have Burrows with our 1st pick than waste it on Hurts at any point in the top 100 of the draft.

In your scenario, I would take Thomas and Kindley.  Then a decent LBer like Erroll Thompson or Joe Bachie in the 2nd.

Kindley should not be there at 2 (I won't say won't, but odds are he is gone by then). 

Taking Thomas gives us another OT that could play either RT or LT, just like Williams can.  If Kindley is there in the 2nd then that pick would be a no brainer.  This truly shores up the OLine and provides the stability that it sorely needs.  If Kindley isn't there then Ben Bredeson or Logan Sternberg for our 2nd round selection.

Imagine a OLine:
Williams
Kindley
Hopkins (or Price if he can get it together)
Price (or Jordan)
Thomas

That should either put Dalton in the best position to succeed and if not, then provide the best protection for Finley or the 2021 QB pick.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengal FB groups suddenly have "Chase Young Fever" - OswaldsLegacy - 10-27-2019, 09:37 PM