Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengal Fans suddenly have "Chase Young Fever"
(10-27-2019, 09:37 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: I did... I disagree with the pick.  I am not in favor of Chase Young or Jalen Hurts.  I dislike Hurts more than Burrows as the selection.  I would rather have Burrows with our 1st pick than waste it on Hurts at any point in the top 100 of the draft.

In your scenario, I would take Thomas and Kindley.  Then a decent LBer like Erroll Thompson or Joe Bachie in the 2nd.

Kindley should not be there at 2 (I won't say won't, but odds are he is gone by then). 

Taking Thomas gives us another OT that could play either RT or LT, just like Williams can.  If Kindley is there in the 2nd then that pick would be a no brainer.  This truly shores up the OLine and provides the stability that it sorely needs.  If Kindley isn't there then Ben Bredeson or Logan Sternberg for our 2nd round selection.

Imagine a OLine:
Williams
Kindley
Hopkins (or Price if he can get it together)
Price (or Jordan)
Thomas

That should either put Dalton in the best position to succeed and if not, then provide the best protection for Finley or the 2021 QB pick.

I don't mind Oline with the first 2 picks, unless it's the Bengals way of doing things. One guy in the first, one guy in the second. 

Then comes the rest of the draft where they get their normal allocated pick and find a guy or two that will contribute and the rest will fall by the wayside. 

They need to get off their lazy, antiquated asses and make a deal or two, then use an acquired pick and one or several of their own picks this and/or next year to get back in the first round, giving them, potentially, 3 picks in the first 35. That way they get the QB and 2 guys for the oline. 

More and more though, i don't see them doing this. I see them doing the exact same thing they do every year and they will continue to fail every single year because their way is proven to not work. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengal FB groups suddenly have "Chase Young Fever" - rfaulk34 - 10-27-2019, 10:15 PM