Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengal Fans suddenly have "Chase Young Fever"
(10-27-2019, 11:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Honestly, I don't care who they actually take at the top of the draft.  My logical head says it's time to go franchise QB.  But, should they land in 2-4 draft slot range, and don't like the QB who's sitting there?  I wouldn't care if they drafted Jeff Okudah, Chase Young, or whomever is a worthy pick at that spot. 

One thing that is evident, is the assistant coaches aren't up to muster.  The team certainly won't have to wait until the Super Bowl has passed, to take their shot at upgrading the coaching staff.  I say this because the management obviously fell in love with Zac Taylor, and his plan to lead a team.  They now need to do the utmost of their ability to help surround him with a capable and competent staff of assistants, starting with a real defensive coordinator.  Between Austin and Anarumo, the past two DC hires couldn't guard the door at a whorehouse.. 

Yeah.  I think the linebacking corps is lacking in talent.  Other than that, if the team is ride or die about not making any trades, then you have to call Anarumo and his staff into question.  If it's not the players, then it has to be the coaches, right?  

Mikey is a cheap ass in free agency.  He's not going to break the bank adding a Buch of starters on the d-line or in the secondary.  Maybe he'll snag a linebacker or 2, who knows.  You gotta hope they've learned their lesson about slow, unathletic LBs by now.  Even so, it might be the most cost-effective approach for him to just pay a big name DC.  It would certainly be cheaper than retooling the personnel. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengal FB groups suddenly have "Chase Young Fever" - samhain - 10-27-2019, 11:40 PM