Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"The Bengals don’t feel it’s their job to make other teams better."
(10-28-2019, 11:08 AM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: I can understand both sides to the argument; not trading and keeping your own as well as trading older talent and acquiring draft picks.

I personally would not trade Green, Geno, or Dunlap. 

I would consider all other players including Andy Dalton. His time as the starter is more than likely over so if another team makes an offer for him he would be gone. 

Next year FA I would be after tackles, guards, DE, LB, etc... 

Draft go with best player available. 

If the team let's their top talent go they will have to try to find talent in the draft and the draft is not sure a thing. Will the Bengals be able to replace Geno or get similar production from a rookie, most likely not. Will they get similar production from a rookie WR compared to AJ when he is healthy, absolutely not. 

As for Andy he can be let go with zero penalty next year; I say move on from Dalton and draft the future franchise QB but make sure you improve the quality of OL and DL first and foremost. 

I personally don't think going all in on a draft for rebuilding is the way to go. Use FA and the draft to build around the team you have now.  Hopefully 2020 FA Bengals are more active and bringing in some players to help the lines out. 

It's the only way this franchise will do it. They will NOT build thru FA. They don't even like supplementing a team through it, and when they do, we end up with ***** Bobby Hart, John Jerry and Preston Brown. 

We all love Geno, Dunlap and AJ, but the time has come for some tough love and ballsy decisions. These guys are either on the downturn of their careers or a few minutes away from it. There is no opportunity to build anything meaningful around this core. An organization that wants to win has to move on from guys like this. It is absolutely a dereliction of duty to sit on these guys when they could be turned into valuable draft picks.

And yes, I know we'll just barf on the draft card with the picks. I don't know what I'm doing here anymore. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "The Bengals don’t feel it’s their job to make other teams better." - RunKijanaRun - 10-28-2019, 11:31 AM