Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have to take a QB if we have a top 5 pick?
If it were me, I'd be looking to trade down. Let some other team desperate for QB give you a boatload in return an start building from there.

I mean, if this team had just that glaring weakness and maybe a hole or two to fill then yeah, go get your guy. But we need a lot help and the compensation is just to great to ignore.

Stating the obvious here, but look no further than recent guys like Mahomes, D Watson, Lamar Jackson. There's value throughout the round. Teams are way too quick to judge a Trubisky or Mariotta as greater than when in reality they're not any more "can't miss" than the guys right behind them, that fall due to desperation passing and moving down due to teams not needing a QB.

Look at this list of some of games better, current QB's...

Rodgers ---------Pick 24
Brees ------------Pick 64
Pig Ben ----------Pick 11
Russell Wilson ---Pick 75
Mahomes ------- Pick 10
Watson ----------Pick 10
Prescott -------- Pick 135
Lamar Jackson - Pick 32
K Cousins -------Pick 102

And of course Brady, at pick 199...

The first thing this team needs to do, more than anything, is get Finley some meaningful reps and PT. They need to get some gauge on what they have there before proceeding imho. Then from there, just open and creative when it comes to the draft. Don't just stand pat and fall in love with a guy just because be's there.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have to take a QB if we have a top 5 pick? - Wes Mantooth - 10-29-2019, 01:49 PM