Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad drafts and the current state of Bengals
(11-01-2019, 01:20 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The quality of the team is in direct relationship to the piss poor drafts this team has had. Price , Williams , Ross, Ogbuehi. not contributing is nothing short of ineptitude. What are they going to do differently? Do they have a plan? Is Tobin to blame or are the Family members being counted on to be defacto scouts? Will the Browns ever accept that they need a bona fide GM? Would a GM even consider working for the Bengals? Until we draft better and participate actively in free agency we are DOOMED.

The bad drafting tracks with the departure of Zimmer and Gruden.  Later round drafting has found some good players but not nearly enough to make up for the terrible drafting since AJ Green.  That is why I don't condemn the new coaching staff yet, they inherited a mess.  Anybody who entertained the thought of a winning season back in August 2019, suffers from extreme homerism. 
I think the lack of trades for high draft picks is very unfortunate, whatever the reasons.  Their best pieces are 30+ and should have been moved.
I hope we don't see a repeat of the 1990's.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bad drafts and the current state of Bengals - bengals1969 - 11-01-2019, 01:39 PM