Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad drafts and the current state of Bengals
(11-01-2019, 01:39 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: The bad drafting tracks with the departure of Zimmer and Gruden.  Later round drafting has found some good players but not nearly enough to make up for the terrible drafting since AJ Green.  That is why I don't condemn the new coaching staff yet, they inherited a mess.  Anybody who entertained the thought of a winning season back in August 2019, suffers from extreme homerism. 
I think the lack of trades for high draft picks is very unfortunate, whatever the reasons.  Their best pieces are 30+ and should have been moved.
I hope we don't see a repeat of the 1990's.

I don't agree with the bolded.  I thought we could pull of a winning season prior to all the injuries.  Heck, with them we've lost most of our games within a score.  I guess I am a Bengals Homer (like almost if not everyone on this board, given that we post on a board of our favorite team), but I don't think it was complete delusion to say we should've been competitive this year.  

I also hope to not see a repeat of the 90's, yikes.  Had it not been for the cool colors and growing up in NKY, I'd have not become a fan since I was only 4 when they last went to the superbowl, and don't remember it.

As far as our drafting, the only pick I thought was insane was John Ross, but even that one showed extreme talent despite its obvious risks.  It's easy to forget how you felt when we drafted a given player versus watching him suck.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bad drafts and the current state of Bengals - wildcatnku24 - 11-01-2019, 01:50 PM