Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad drafts and the current state of Bengals
(11-01-2019, 01:50 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: I don't agree with the bolded.  I thought we could pull of a winning season prior to all the injuries.  Heck, with them we've lost most of our games within a score.  I guess I am a Bengals Homer (like almost if not everyone on this board, given that we post on a board of our favorite team), but I don't think it was complete delusion to say we should've been competitive this year.  

I also hope to not see a repeat of the 90's, yikes.  Had it not been for the cool colors and growing up in NKY, I'd have not become a fan since I was only 4 when they last went to the superbowl, and don't remember it.

As far as our drafting, the only pick I thought was insane was John Ross, but even that one showed extreme talent despite its obvious risks.  It's easy to forget how you felt when we drafted a given player versus watching him suck.

Unfortunately the 1sts haven't produced from various reasons of medical to lack of talent.  Just no Pro Bowl caliber picks from the drafts.   I've learned long ago to not get caught up in the draft day buzz and the "expert" analysis of winners and losers.  
Atkins and Dunlop are over 30 now and best days likely behind them.  AJ as marvelous as he is will start losing a step in the near future, 2 years? 
So the Bengals are faced with a dire situation now.  They have to raise their draft game far higher than they've ever done to have a chance to compete.  I forgive Zak all sorts of game day sins this season if he brings a great nose for draft talent.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bad drafts and the current state of Bengals - bengals1969 - 11-01-2019, 01:57 PM