Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad drafts and the current state of Bengals
(11-01-2019, 01:57 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Unfortunately the 1sts haven't produced from various reasons of medical to lack of talent.  Just no Pro Bowl caliber picks from the drafts.   I've learned long ago to not get caught up in the draft day buzz and the "expert" analysis of winners and losers.  
Atkins and Dunlop are over 30 now and best days likely behind them.  AJ as marvelous as he is will start losing a step in the near future, 2 years? 
So the Bengals are faced with a dire situation now.  They have to raise their draft game far higher than they've ever done to have a chance to compete.  I forgive Zak all sorts of game day sins this season if he brings a great nose for draft talent.

Indeed. But, I doubt Taylor is some great talent evaluator.

We need more scouts and a proven GM. There's a reason that the other teams are all structured the way they are.

Look at a guy like Bates though who was really good last year and is really poor this year. That screams of coaching.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bad drafts and the current state of Bengals - THE PISTONS - 11-01-2019, 02:02 PM