Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad drafts and the current state of Bengals
(11-01-2019, 01:39 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: The bad drafting tracks with the departure of Zimmer and Gruden.  Later round drafting has found some good players but not nearly enough to make up for the terrible drafting since AJ Green.  That is why I don't condemn the new coaching staff yet, they inherited a mess.  Anybody who entertained the thought of a winning season back in August 2019, suffers from extreme homerism. 
I think the lack of trades for high draft picks is very unfortunate, whatever the reasons.  Their best pieces are 30+ and should have been moved.
I hope we don't see a repeat of the 1990's.

I guess that depends on what you mean by high draft picks.  The reality is that we aren't going to get much for our guys.

AJ - probably could have been moved for a late 1st rounder
Geno - Maybe a 2nd?  Probably more like a 3rd
Dunlap - 3rd/4th rounder
Dalton - 4th rounder

None of those guys make sense to be moved for those picks - especially when the cap savings doesn't mean shit to the Bengals.  I'd much rather not see Geno or Dunlap in another uniform only to see that money go to sign guys like Preston Brown and Bobby Hart.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bad drafts and the current state of Bengals - Hammerstripes - 11-01-2019, 02:14 PM