Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad drafts and the current state of Bengals
(11-01-2019, 02:14 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I guess that depends on what you mean by high draft picks.  The reality is that we aren't going to get much for our guys.

AJ - probably could have been moved for a late 1st rounder
Geno - Maybe a 2nd?  Probably more like a 3rd
Dunlap - 3rd/4th rounder
Dalton - 4th rounder

None of those guys make sense to be moved for those picks - especially when the cap savings doesn't mean shit to the Bengals.  I'd much rather not see Geno or Dunlap in another uniform only to see that money go to sign guys like Preston Brown and Bobby Hart.  

We likely will never know.  Brown obviously thinks the team is competitive "if only" so he's in no mood to rebuild for the future. 
There is a decent chance this team goes 0-16 or 1-15 this season.  They aren't that bad cuz AJ missed half the season.  Boling isn't that big a difference maker. Nor Williams.  They are 0-8 because Oline  are poster boys for NFL league worst.  DB's aren't setting the league on fire either.  Those missing pieces are only developed via the draft and it takes years.  Linebacker might be a devalued group these days but they still matter and ours don't, probably the worst in the league. 
Picking up an extra 1st, 2ed and 3rd last week would give them more chances to get a good to great player or move up in the draft.  I think they are desperate enough they should have tried real hard to make those trades.  Maybe they did and got low balled.  I doubt that but possible.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bad drafts and the current state of Bengals - bengals1969 - 11-01-2019, 02:24 PM