Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad drafts and the current state of Bengals
(11-01-2019, 01:50 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: I don't agree with the bolded.  I thought we could pull of a winning season prior to all the injuries.  Heck, with them we've lost most of our games within a score.  I guess I am a Bengals Homer (like almost if not everyone on this board, given that we post on a board of our favorite team), but I don't think it was complete delusion to say we should've been competitive this year.  

I also hope to not see a repeat of the 90's, yikes.  Had it not been for the cool colors and growing up in NKY, I'd have not become a fan since I was only 4 when they last went to the superbowl, and don't remember it.

As far as our drafting, the only pick I thought was insane was John Ross, but even that one showed extreme talent despite its obvious risks.  It's easy to forget how you felt when we drafted a given player versus watching him suck.

Those who thought in August that this would be a winning team had mostly optimism. Everyone believed Taylor was going to be this ultra-successful offensive playcaller that was going to run the ball really well and pass the ball around via play action. 

But in August we saw a very vanilla offense in the preseason games that got terrible production in the running game especially. People chalked it up to "well, it's just preseason. They'll unleash the real thing once the regular season starts."

I became worried when we found out Boling retired and Williams had surgery. Then when I saw how bad the team was performing in preseason, I really lost any confidence.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bad drafts and the current state of Bengals - ochocincos - 11-01-2019, 02:36 PM