Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Carson Palmer Rips Bengals Front Office
(11-03-2019, 12:02 AM)bfine32 Wrote: But the Bengals have only made one of us a millionaire. 

Meh, I don't get this argument.  Carson made Carson a millionaire by being good at playing football.  If the Bengals use the 1st overall pick on Byron Leftwich or some injured CB Carson goes to the Bears or almost any other team and makes millions playing football.  It's the same thing with AJ Green being loyal to the Bengals as if no other NFL team would have dared to draft him.  If a guy is a 7th round pick no one believed in or if he had some sort of criminal record that made him nigh unemployable and an NFL team gave him his first, last, or only chance I can see him feeling like he was "made" by that team, but players who would be eagerly employed by other teams.  

As for his mindset, I always assume that he was under the impression that Mike Brown finally experiencing decent/winning seasons for the first time in a decade or more would convince him to update thing and move towards operating like a normal franchise in order to win more and stay relevant...not so.  Maybe the same thing happened after 2015...geez, it was great to make the playoffs 5 years in a row, but ehh...let's just slide back down into being crap.

On a personal level I know how it feels to attempt to make things work with certain people and then to lie awake at night thinking "I was wrong, I can't do this, I can't fix this and I was an idiot to think I could make it work...I need to get out."  Oof.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carson Palmer Rips Bengals Front Office - Nately120 - 11-03-2019, 01:47 AM