Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Carson Palmer Rips Bengals Front Office
(11-03-2019, 06:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm not really sure how "good" most of those AZ teams were in his time there, but for the most part, i'd have to guess that Dalton had better around him than Carson did. At least, that would be my gut reaction, knowing the Bengals teams, without looking. 

In the season's you stated, not counting '15, Carson wasn't much worse than Dalton and if he played on less talented teams, that says a lot. I will still contend that if Carson had stuck around and the Bengals did everything the same, except draft Dalton (where they could have helped another part of the team with a high #2 pick), Carson would have done more with those teams than Dalton did. 

Maybe not much more, but how many Bengals fans go on about "what ifs" in the year Carson went down with the knee and Andy went down with the thumb? It's always going to be conjecture, but it's not conjecture that Carson was a more talented QB than Dalton is/was. 

The Cardinals had only 2 losing seasons during Palmer's tenure and had guys like Chandler Jones, Larry Fitzgerald, Patrick Peterson, David Johnson, Calais Campbell, Tyrann Mathieu, Mike Iupati, Antonio Cromartie, John Abraham, and Adrian Wilson.  

Palmer had more talent coming out, but he wasn't the same after his knee and elbow issues.  They were both good, but not elite starters.  Palmer was just paid as if he was elite.

A lot of top paid QB's that want their FO's to make moves take pay cuts and/or restructure their contracts to make it happen.  Palmer never did either.

Ultimately, if Palmer would have had more success than Dalton if he stayed, then he's completely full of it.  He would basically have had to secure a couple of playoff wins and/or byes to do that.  He couldn't say they couldn't be competitive.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carson Palmer Rips Bengals Front Office - Whatever - 11-03-2019, 10:17 PM