Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Carson Palmer Rips Bengals Front Office
(11-05-2019, 01:53 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I don't see how anyone can ever defend the front office. One of the best QBs we've ever had had to beg the owner to sign players, and he barely did it. I can only imagine what Tua's and Burrow's agents are going to tell them during the offseason.

Their agents are probably telling them what Tyrone Wheatley's agent told him before the 1995 draft.

(11-05-2019, 06:31 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: My point was that it'd be different coming from a coach.  A coach is supposed to be the "adult in the room."  They're supposed to be presidential.  Stoic.  Wise.  I could easily see some of the ownership type of people just looking at the players as cattle.  The coaches though?  They may be viewed more as peers.  I could just be seeing or hypothesizing things that aren't there, but I truly do believe that if Marvin Lewis went on the air and called out the organization as being sub-NFL standard, it would make the Brown and Blackburn crew stand up and take notice moreso than if any player or fan were to call them out.  There are a limited number of possibilities at this point:  
1.  The ownership just don't get it.  They don't understand that other organizations will run circles around them until they change their processes.
2.  The ownership just don't care.  They are fine with having a few 8-8 seasons here and there but mainly just care about $$$.
3.  The NFL is the WWF.  The Bengals are scripted to be the Homer Simpsons of the league.  D-oh!  They did it again!  Those silly bengals went and let their good free agents go and signed a bunch of BW Webb type of guys.   Right on script as the big market steamrollers steamroll us and the drunk doofus Steeler fans at PBS chant "HEAAAAAAAAAATH!!!"  every time a white dude catches a football.  Hey, "it's a business", right?

I got your point and I agree. That said, 2 of the best players in franchise history - who aren't particularly close - saying the exact same thing should be enough proof. I guess it'd make more headlines if Marv said it, but maybe not. The national media couldn't care less about the Bengals. The Bengals are where the national media wants them. Like you said, we're the Homer Simpsons of the league.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carson Palmer Rips Bengals Front Office - Shake n Blake - 11-05-2019, 08:56 PM