Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac could go down as the worst coach in NFL history
(11-05-2019, 03:21 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: IMO, you need to give Zac a full offeason, without the late start of this past one, in order to see what he does, what changes he can possibly make and what players he will go after.

I think he came in somewhat dependent on Duke and the crew this year and followed their lead to some extent. I want to see if he exerts himself in the offseason and what that looks like in terms of moves and acquisitions...which would also mean things like finding a new DC and O-line coach, and maybe even an experienced OC. 

It's just hard for me to evaluate him this year given the complete shit show that is this team. How much of it is what he inherited, combined with a total failure of an offseason, and how much is Zac's doing, with his staff choices and his own coaching?

I'm not defending or criticizing Zac. I just honestly don't know what to make of him at this point. I would like to see one more season though before we make a determination one way or another. If we're still seeing many of the same issues and little progress being made next season, then I have no problem saying he isn't the guy and moving on.

can we afford another year of drafting like we had this season?  

If nothing in the way of improve is shown till years end can you give me another offseason to bring in his guys? or with the #1 pick do you get a coach that might know what to do with it.  (cause our coaches have to be scouts too..)

If we whiff when drafting first we will be in the gutter for at min another 2 years.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac could go down as the worst coach in NFL history - XenoMorph - 11-05-2019, 06:26 PM