Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengal fans need to hope for two things
(11-05-2019, 10:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We need the Dolphins to win a few games and we need one of the QBs in this years class to blow up before the draft to be a consensus #1 pick.

Miami needs a QB worse than any team in the league.  Miami also has 3 first round picks.  So they would have the best offer if they needed to trade up to get a QB.

I am thinking we will have the #1 pick, and we need a lot more than a QB.  QB is one of the most difficult positions to evaluate coming out of college, but it is also the most valuable position.  So it seems to me that more teams "reach" for a QB at the top of the draft than at other positions.  That means the QBs taken with the #1 overall pick are often over valued.

Only ONE quarterback taken #1 overall in the draft over the last 20 years has won a Super Bowl (Eli Manning).

While they need a QB I could see them filling other holes and waiting for Lawrence with their two first rounders the following year. They have positioned themselves nicely as far as rebuilding. The Bengals are a crapshoot.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengal fans need to hope for two things - Catmandude123 - 11-05-2019, 11:39 AM