Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengal fans need to hope for two things
(11-05-2019, 10:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We need the Dolphins to win a few games and we need one of the QBs in this years class to blow up before the draft to be a consensus #1 pick.

Miami needs a QB worse than any team in the league.  Miami also has 3 first round picks.  So they would have the best offer if they needed to trade up to get a QB.

I am thinking we will have the #1 pick, and we need a lot more than a QB.  QB is one of the most difficult positions to evaluate coming out of college, but it is also the most valuable position.  So it seems to me that more teams "reach" for a QB at the top of the draft than at other positions.  That means the QBs taken with the #1 overall pick are often over valued.

Only ONE quarterback taken #1 overall in the draft over the last 20 years has won a Super Bowl (Eli Manning).

Trading down for more picks would be ideal. However, this is Mike Brown we are talking about. He could have traded down before for a boat load of picks, but fell in love with one year wonder Akili Smith, and this doomed the franchise for several more years.

But, I think this year's top QB will come out of the gate saying he will not play for the Bengals. You can bet that Carson Palmer and numerous agents will be telling this QB that Mike Brown is poison and the Bengals' coaching staff is horrible.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengal fans need to hope for two things - BengalChris - 11-05-2019, 09:19 PM