Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Fanspeak's Draft Challenge Nov
This was a lot of fun. I had gone in thinking I was definitely going to address QB but I ended up seeing tons of value elsewhere that had me hold off. I also took my time and researched players I wasn't familiar with to get an idea of some of their strengths/weaknesses instead of just blindly making picks. In the end, no idea how good this mock is but I definitely had fun.

R1P1 - DE Chase Young: No explanation needed here, really. The man is a flat out monster and provides an immediate pass rushing threat to a defense that badly needs it. If he lives up to his billing, he could certainly make things easier for Dunlap and Atkins who are beginning to slow down.

R2P1 - LB Isaiah Simmons: Wonderful value. I was originally thinking of addressing QB here but all five QBs went in the first round. Simmons is a S/OLB hybrid with elite speed, great run defense and solid coverage skills. Realistically, he is likely going to go in the Top 20 come May but here, this is fantastic value.

R3P1 - LB Kenneth Murray: I really ended up going in on the LBers once I saw Murray here. Another linebacker with great sideline to sideline speed while being bigger than Simmons. Good run defender, solid coverage skills. Realistically, he is probably going to go in the late first or early second come May. With Simmons and Murray, I would feel much more comfortable with our LB corps.

R4P1 - G Shane Lemieux: Strong, technical guard who is good at both pass blocking and run blocking. Three year starter, PFF had him the highest rated guard in the PAC-12 and the 3rd rated guard in the nation at the end of 2018. Having another solid year, would have the potential to compete/start on the line day one.

R5P1 - OT Yasir Durant: Projected a RT in the NFL, he has FANTASTIC size at 6'7 and 330 pounds. He has struggled with some weight issues and there have been concerns about his work ethic but he is a strong, capable blocker.

R6P1 - CB Thomas Graham Jr.: A late round corner from Oregon. A bit of a reach as he is likely a 7th round prospect but he has good size and has held up well in coverage while not being afraid to come up and make a tackle. Likely PS guy.

R7P1 - LB Dejon Harris: Big, physical linebacker from Arkansas. Solid run defender but struggles in pass coverage. Likely PS guy.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
2020 Fanspeak's Draft Challenge - Storer50 - 11-06-2019, 02:49 AM
RE: 2020 Fanspeak's Draft Challenge - 3wt - 11-07-2019, 03:41 PM
RE: 2020 Fanspeak's Draft Challenge - KillerGoose - 11-06-2019, 05:18 PM