Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mike's reaction at the inception of free agency
(11-08-2019, 08:08 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Based on his comments over the years concerning free agency, I'd say it's likely that he said what Quinn stated, and I'd bet that he pretty much still feels the same way now. 

Worse than that though, is his weird thought process when it comes to signing free agents, as shown in this exchange with Jim O:

Mike: “We will have to allocate the cap room that we have to a combination of our own players, and that will be first and foremost, and then it will be what else we can do to add the team.”

Jim: “Is some of that a scouting, or staffing issue – having a pro personnel side – it’s not about money or activity, but it’s about finding better players from other teams?”

Mike: “There are players that would fit us. Tell me how to fit them. It’s trying to put a size 12 foot in a size five shoe. It doesn’t work.” 

Nervous

And a big part of that, is them over-valuing their own players. Re-signing guys like Hart, Brown, etc, instead of dumping those salaries and signing someone better. They think fans are too stupid to understand how that works...or they're too stupid or lazy to do it...

They would rather sign average to crap players that are already on the roster and hope they work out, instead of signing someone more expensive that "may not" work out. Hello?....the crappy players you sign aren't working out so where is the risk of signing someone else?

Stupid, backwards-ass, lazy maroons. They're not nearly as smart as they think they are. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike's reaction at the inception of free agency - rfaulk34 - 11-09-2019, 02:42 PM