Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why a QB this year isn't the move
Good discussion going on here, but I would imagine it's a moot point. I think when the organization decided to bench Dalton and start Finley the last half of this season they are clearly saying if Finley doesn't look like the next QB here then they are drafting one, and I'm pretty sure Finley isn't the franchise QB answer.

What I don't think Burrow is getting enough credit for is his athleticism. He's obviously no Lamar Jackson in terms of athleticism, but he made some HUGE plays with his legs in the Alabama game. I do think he has the pocket presence and enough escapability to make up for some offensive line deficiencies. Couple that with his ability to go through progressions, deliver the ball accurately in the face of pressure, and elite ball placement (see a few back shoulder throws in that game) and he looks like a franchise guy.

That being said, we HAVE to have a plan to upgrade the offensive line if the plan is to select a QB. Assuming Jonah Williams is the answer at LT, we have to upgrade at LG and RT. I think Miller can be serviceable at RG.

If there is not a plan in place to upgrade this offensive line, Chase Young is the pick.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Why a QB this year isn't the move - Au165 - 11-11-2019, 09:29 AM
RE: Why a QB this year isn't the move - Fullrock - 11-12-2019, 10:09 AM