Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why a QB this year isn't the move
(11-14-2019, 03:07 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I guess that's a few guy's opinions.  I've also seen places where Tua is the clear top ranked prospect in this draft.

The bottom line is positional value.  IF, and it's a big IF, you feel a guy is a franchise QB, you take him.  I don't share your view that Young is going to have this sky-high generational talent grade.  Sure, he's good, but in now way is he light years better than Garrett, both Bosas, Mack, etc.

The other reality is that if you start fixing the team with FA and picks on both lines, you will  end up picking 10-15.  The cost to move up to get a QB isn't worth it.  It will cost you 2 first rounders minimum (current year and next).  

Personally, I'm sold on Burrow,  I haven't seen a guy in a long time that has played as consistently as he has against very good competition.  You make that pick and start the rebuilding process.

I'd like to see a credible place with Tua as the top prospect, not projected first pick but top graded prospect. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Why a QB this year isn't the move - Au165 - 11-11-2019, 09:29 AM
RE: Why a QB this year isn't the move - Au165 - 11-14-2019, 03:53 PM