Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trashy Browns and Steelers hold impromptu MMA fight
(11-15-2019, 04:04 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You will have to forgive me if i'm skeptical of a Steelers fans opinion. You are one of the few steelers fans whom i can "talk" to without letting my bitter hatred for that team, seep into my opinion of the person i'm talking to, but that doesn't keep you from supporting your team...in a way i may not agree with. So, keep in mind, even if i get a bit edgy in my reply, it's not personal. It's just me being as frank and honest as i can about something that happened on a football field. 

Re: Garrett, I wouldn't blink an eye or think bad of it if he was banned permanently. 

With that said, steelers fans have a long history of forgiving or excusing their own players misconduct while calling for excessive punishment when it's any other team. I don't excuse Garrett even one fraction of a percentage for what he did, after Rudolph tried to rip his helmet off, unsuccessfully. 

That being said, Rudolph did try and rip his helmet off. For what reason, i don't know. Maybe he was trying to show what a tough guy he is. Maybe he was pissed off from the interceptions, the sacks and the fact they were getting beat by the Browns. More than likely, all of that is true. Rudolphs actions aside and Garrett's actions aside, Pouncy showed what a punk he is (and it's not the first time) by what he did. He's no better than anyone and "protecting his QB" is a ridiculous excuse that's being thrown around by several people. It's total bullshit. 

David DeCastro was able to subdue Garrett without throwing a single punch or kick. HE'S the only guy that acted appropriately in this whole instance. Pouncy was being Pouncy, a punk and an asshole but all the talk is what a great teammate he is. To that i say, "my ass". 

You're not more of a man or more of a teammate if you swing on someone because they hurt your QBs feelings. I'm not even saying i wouldn't do the same, i probably would. That would make me a punk and an asshole too, but i wouldn't deny it. 

I don't give two shits about the Browns or Steelers. I have distaste for both of them, for different reasons. 

Switching gears....if we're going to play the this game...then the Browns were perfectly in their right to do what they did because of all the times Steelers players speared one of their guys in the face or kicked them during a punt return, or basically, making them their ***** twice a year forever. The shoe was on the other foot and now Steelers fans don't like it. 

If someone tries to make the argument that lowering your head and spearing a QB in the face isn't the same as hitting him in the head with a helmet (in the exact way Garrett hit Rudolph), then i'm not going to bother arguing, because it's just as dangerous and wrong. My very first, initial reaction was, "holey shit! he's lucky he didn't get hit with the crown", because that shit could be fatal. But he didn't. 

As an aside, I won't even begin to pretend that i was up in arms with some of the things Vontaze Burfict did to the Steelers, even at the expense of hurting the team. Steelers always provoke shit, when they're not going over the line, then cry foul when someone does it to them so i had more than a few snickers when Burfict would do something to get under their skin. That's a damn sad and stupid state to be in but it's an "understandable" human reaction when a team you root for is a doormat for so long. 

Long story short; if a duck is a duck, call it a duck, not a pretty swan. 

Well said, the Stealers have always been hypocritical...

[color=var(--ytd-video-primary-info-renderer-title-color, var(--yt-spec-text-primary))]

[/color]

When you see Video Unavailable.
Click on watch on youtube.

Sorry about the scattered characters.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trashy Browns and Steelers hold impromptu MMA fight - BengalYankee - 11-15-2019, 04:27 AM