Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders***
(11-17-2019, 08:00 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: ZERO CHANCE Brown keeps the first pick if the Bengals are bad enough to get it.  He will not draft Burrow with Dalton and Finley on the roster.  He will trade down to save $$ to a team that is in desperate need of a QB not even realizing that team is his very own.  I mean the suckiness starts at the top and Brown has got to be the WORST owner in NFL hsitory (and I'm talking strictly about being able to build a viable team)

I get that pessimism is justified at this stage of Bengals fandom. I find myself thinking similar things as well.

But saving money is no longer really a thing when it comes to drafting a quarterback. Every pick has a slotted value. Now, you could theoretically save money by paying the #5 pick and, say, a 2nd round pick (although that would be a horrendous value trade for the Bengals, I'm just outlining the concept) to save some money, but it wouldn't be all that much. Maybe a few million (out of a ~35 million dollar contract for the #1 pick).

Do I think it's possible that Brown would trade the pick? Yea. 
Do I think it's possible Brown is stupid enough to not draft a QB because we have 1 year left of Dalton (who we already benched) and Finley, a noodle armed back up QB? No.

But no matter what they do, I don't think saving money will be their main priority.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - CJD - 11-17-2019, 08:06 PM