Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, Herbert sucks, Gordon sucks..
(12-01-2019, 09:11 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And yet Top-10 QB picks are terribly dangerous.

Previous 5 years ('14-'18):
Baker Mayfield
Sam Darnold
Josh Allen
Josh Rosen
Mitchell Trubisky
Patrick Mahomes
Jared Goff
Carson Wentz
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota
Blake Bortles

11 QBs taken in the Top 5, and you have 1 surefire franchise QB (Mahomes) who was chosen by a team that was coming off a 12-4 season and had 7 Pro Bowlers and 5 All-Pros just from that 12-4 team. He then sat out his first year where the team went 10-6. That's certainly not the type of set-up for success that the Bengals have for a QB right now. 

And... two more on that list who could possibly be franchise QBs in Wentz and Goff, though Wentz gets hurt and hasn't been particularly great this year (and his backup took his team to win a SB, so the team itself was good) and Goff who a year ago you'd say was a franchise QB but has really fallen off the map this year.

We all know the numbers of drafting a successful franchise QB. It doesnt change the fact that it's the most important position and every team that doesnt have one will always be looking for one. If they believe Joe Burrow is a franchise QB you take him no matter what...

Quarterback is the most important position and effects the game more than any other position. Dont know why I have to keep repeating that...Because its basic facts.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, Herbert sucks, Gordon sucks.. - Synric - 12-01-2019, 11:10 AM