Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, Herbert sucks, Gordon sucks..
(11-30-2019, 07:56 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm convinced that trading down the is only answer, Sunset.

Dolphins are currently projected to have the 3rd pick, and have THREE first round picks in 2020, two in the second round, and then two picks in both the first and second round of 2021.

Trade down with them and take some of those picks as a king's ransom, and then take Chase Young at 3 if he's available. If he's not, then whomever you like best between Andrew Thomas (OT), Jerry Jeudy (WR), and Kenneth Murray (LB).

There's too many holes on this team to just straight up choose 1st overall. They can use that extra 1st round pick on Tua and stash him for a year while he heals up (Mariota as a 1-year bridge?) and use the extra 2nd round pick or two 2nd round picks on more OL and LBs.

If the Dolphins manage to get the 2nd overall pick, that would be better. A little less return, but then you're guaranteed Chase Young. I would rather have Chase Young AND Tua than just Burrow... or one of Thomas/Jeudy/Murray, Tua, and 1-2 2nd rounder LB/OL.

Is the world ending in 2021 and no one told me? Why do we need to fill every single need in one draft? You even mention stashing Tua for a year, as if we couldn't do that for Burrow as well while we repair our Oline. 

I'm not sure why you're eager to throw your hat into the oft-injured QB ring when there's a Franchise QB staring you in the face. Just take Burrow and then take some Olinemen and linebackers and then fill the remaining holes in 2021, if necessary. 

Plus, the idea of getting Chase Young and Tua for Burrow sounds amazing but the odds of getting one of those first rounds picks for moving down 1 or 2 slots seems pretty absurd. The Bears traded up from 3 to 2 to take Trubisky and gave up 2 third round picks and a 4th round pick and the NFL draft coverage community considered it an outrageous overpay. But sign me up if they can get a first round pick for moving 1 pick.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, Herbert sucks, Gordon sucks.. - CJD - 12-08-2019, 11:03 PM